Blogville!!! what it do.. yes yes I am already 1+, it is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in my sight and I give all glory and praises to Him for all things he has done AND things he will continue to do, and shoutout to omosezxy and shashaa crown for the bday love, you girls are one of a kind, I truly appreciate you!! Ahh so you'll think bcuz it's my special day that i will get a break and time to celebrate right... nahhhh, I have been wicked busy throughout from friday till now and it is still going. Oh and my celebration for saturday went alright, ppl flaked out at the last minute unfortunately but i still had an alright time, racing was fun and I came last (lol like duhh)... and yea pictures went poof into thin air, all thx to my camera who decided to format the memory card (like who asked it) and deleted every picture in there... but thx God my naija pics were off it already or else I would have just broke down and cried my eyes out.
Anyhoos, in the midst of my busy week and sleepless mornings namely today I came across a friend's note on FB talking about the new Bill of an Act Against Public Nudity and what nots... in other words "Indescent Dressing". I've heard about this awhile ago but I didn't actually think they were like serious about this kind of something. Like is Senator Ekaette ( a woman at that) really serious about this?? Out of all the problems that country is facing, dressing codes is what they are concerned about? Is this High School; senior prefects ish we're dealing with or isn't this "the House" government we're talking about??
I'm so confused, is this madam ekaette educated at all? since when did how you dress from your own house a concern of the government or the concern of other citizens. As in, as she ever gotten the chance to go outside her village, her state, Nigeria, Africa? and see how people dress around the world? There is nothing as "indescent dressing" at all! It doesn't exist, it is just an idea/thinking/opinion (personal)... look inside a dictionary woman!
What is it that we (Nigeria women) wear sef that is soooo indescent? I personally can atest that a high %tage of the women do dress accordingly (this I have seen in recent visit and everyday around me as I am surrounded by the Nigerians everywhere I turn), infact after France and Italy... we shd be the next fashion capital cuz yes we do love fashion and big on spending on how we look, now if that is a crime.
So like what is it that this woman trying to say, for the love of humanity somebody try and help me understand. It's not even funny anymore, I had a laugh at the idea when the issue came up last yr and to actually go ahead in writing the Bill is sort of like okay stop playing.
What is the meaning of "indescent dressing" anyway?? I totally agree with these women on Funmi's show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSV_cpLeDqs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPvrg8NEx0&feature=related
It is a personal issue and definition that we all are entitle to have but to generalize it and try to force your own opinion of indescent anything on the whole country... that is just wrong! Not rightttt. We need not let this pass oh! ...
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
How I'm Doing - Indescent Dressings
Posted by StR8 UP Desiree'D at 7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awww loff u too!
dat woman shud be shot!
shot?? :dead: ain't that a bit drastic?? hehe
she just need some exposure thats all, it's either that or she needs to give up dat seat for somebody that knows wats'up.
Post a Comment