CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thankful for April 9th

I cannot thank God enough for all he has done in my life, right from the day I was conceived... he has always been there. He's done so much for me, words cannot tell all. 16 years ago, as I recall vividly my mom went to the hospital on the 8th and on the 9th we received a good news that changed all our lives. She had given birth! and as much as I was hoping it was a girl to play with... of course it turned out to be a boy. Over the years, I grew up to be this little boy's second mother, as we are few yrs apart in age. I was his older sister, we laughed, played and most importantly fought as many siblings do, but through all that we continue to grow fond of each other. He looks up to me and I admire how much I'm worth in his eyes... didn't click to me how much he really do looks up to me until one of my visits home when he showed me an essay I wrote long ago during my high school days. He told me that he was keeping it because he was inspired from the stuff I wrote about (I had written about what I wanted to be and some other stuff about me), he took interest in who I am and my dreams... I was shocked and almost cried.

Ever since, everytime I go home I notice how much he keeps growing not only physically but mentally, I could never ask for a better brother. Last time I went home (during springbrk) I was shocked to find out he has started dricing, he drove me and basically my whole family everywhere. Everytime I wanted to go out, he would always offer to drive and I just keep thinking back to when he was born, to when I use to beat him up cuz he was so stubborn and would never listen, to when he broke my sister's teeth, to when he got his first award and I had to escorted him there, to when we escorted him to another award when he met the mayor... the list keeps going and I just keep thinking like omg the little boy of those days is driving. I mean it's suprising how quick he just keeps growing. Today is his 16th birthday and I am extremely thankful for his life! For who he is, for what he will become in coming years, infact I cannot SHOUT! God is good.

I love you bro... many many more year will be added to you, you will continue to grow in wisdom! You will be a testimony and keep being the blessing that you are to our family. I am blessed to have you as a brother, I love you! I cannot wait till you get that driver's license in few weeks :)

Also a quick thankful note for my friend George, today is his 22nd birthday too and I'm appreciative to have met this wonderful human being. Louve you guys much!

5 comments:

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Awwwwwwww...God bless him and continue to make him a blessing to his family and friends. Happy Birthday!!!

LOL, i'll find you the song...

StR8 UP Desiree'D said...

thx sewa.

wat song?? :confused:

ShadeCrown said...

awww happy birthday bro.. we love u ..xxxx

so i have a bro n i dunno him.. not evn seen a pikshurr sef. desireeeee *mad*

StR8 UP Desiree'D said...

buahahaha... watchutalkmbout sha?? *whistle*

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

awwww this is soooo sweet